The Victoria Inn
Safe and Secure
We are delighted that The Victoria is now fully reopen and welcoming guests to dine inside and out and stay in our beautiful rooms. Please note, we are experiencing higher than usual demand and therefore availability for both rooms and tables in limited. Pre-booking in advance is highly recommended to avoid disappointment, and to begin with our bar will be open to diners and residents only to ensure safe social distancing. We look forward to seeing you soon.
OUR CUSTOMER CHARTER
The safety of you, our staff and local community is of paramount importance to us as we deliver a new way of operating. To help us all, we have put together our ‘Let’s Protect Each Other’ charter that summarise what we are doing to keep you safe and what we ask you to do to keep each other safe and ensure The Victoria Inn is a relaxing place to stay. Please do take the time to read this before visiting and we ask that your accompanying guests do the same. Thank you.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO CONTINUE TO PROTECT EACH OTHER
• NHS Test and Trace QR codes are on display for use at entry points.
• Although not required, face covering will remain available and you are welcome to continue to wear them if you wish to do so.
• Ventilation of fresh air will be maintained throughout the building. We will ensure our team works safely; with increased personal hygiene at contact points, the continued use of appropriate face coverings or Perspex barriers where 2m social distancing cannot be maintained.
• We are operating on a table service only basis and customers will be unable to stand at the bar. Customers must consume food and drinks whilst seated at a table.
• Our team will regularly wash their hands and use hand sanitiser when they are working, plus before and after touching surfaces.
• We will install clear signage to help our customers know what is expected.
• As well as opening for hotel guests, we are operating our restaurant to non-residents. Our bar remains closed to walk-in trade to ensure we can safely control the number of customers in the building.
• We have heightened our cleaning regimes above our usual high standards, including the use of antiviral foggers.
• We will continue to adhere to all Government guidance and update our practices accordingly, operating The Victoria in a Covid-19 secure way, and ‘We’re Good to Go’ accredited
• We will be here to respond to you via telephone to minimise our face to face interaction with you.
• We will work efficiently to respond promptly to any concerns or questions you have.
• Our team has received comprehensive training on the new measures we have put in place to keep us all safe.
• We will look for every opportunity to make you feel safe and cared for.
WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO TO KEEP OTHER CUSTOMERS, OUR TEAM AND LOCAL COMMUNITY SAFE
• We ask that you do not travel to The Victoria if you, or anyone in your household, has Covid-19 symptoms.
• Check in is only available from 3pm onwards to limit the number of customers in the building during lunch service. Should you wish to have lunch on your day of arrival prior to check in please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
• If you develop symptoms while you are at The Victoria, please telephone reception.
• If you are required to self-isolate because you or someone in your household develops symptoms or you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace while you are staying here, please alert us of your situation and return home to self-isolate.
• While there is no obligation on you to social distance at The Victoria and when exploring our beautiful surroundings, please be sensitive and thoughtful to others who may be nervous of social interactions, and continue to wear a face coverings if you feel it appropriate to do so.
• Please follow any restrictions on numbers of people allowed into any buildings, on and off site.
• Please wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser where provided.
• Please be patient with our team, we will work our hardest to respond to you promptly.
• Please be aware of the impact we have on our local community. Be sensitive and thoughtful to our neighbours, in particular those who are elderly or nervous.
• Please share our new approach with anyone travelling with you to stay at The Victoria so everyone can work together to help keep The Victoria a safe and relaxing place to enjoy.
WE’RE GOOD TO GO
We’re delighted to have been accredited with Visit Britain’s ‘We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard and consumer mark, which provides a ‘ring of confidence’ for businesses, attractions and destinations as well as reassurance to local residents and visitors that clear processes are in place and that as a business you are good to go.