Below is additional information for visitors to Holkham.
- Please note that for those visiting Holkham Hall by car and are using a Sat Nav, the postcode NR23 1RH should be used.
- There is a speed limit of 20mph for all vehicles in Holkham Park.
- Visitors are kindly asked to remove and carry backpacks when visiting the hall.
- Photographs of the hall and grounds or of Holkham/Wells beaches can be taken for personal use only. Photography taken for any commercial use must have prior written consent from the Holkham Estate. The use of unauthorised drones is not permitted. Click here to read our photography policy.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in the hall, Courtyard Café, Holkham Stories Experience, Gift Shop or The Lady Elizabeth Wing.
- We estimate that it will take visitors approximately one hour to visit the hall, one hour to visit the Holkham Stories Experience and suggest one hour to visit the walled garden.
- Twelve state rooms are always available for viewing, occasionally we also offer access to the private apartments, including the Parrot Bedroom, Libraries and Chapel. The opening of these areas is at the family’s discretion and cannot be guaranteed.
- There is full disabled access in the Holkham Stories Experience, shop and café. Our stair-climbing machine in the hall offers unrestricted access for most manually operated wheelchairs, click here for more information. The walled garden is accessible, however the terrain is uneven in places.
- The terraces around the hall are closed.
- Holkham Hall is a lived in family home and on rare occasions may be closed to the public at short notice and these opening details may be subject to change.
- All monies generated by visitors are used to maintain the publicly accessible parts of the hall and park.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times in the park, to avoid disturbing vulnerable wildlife. During the visitor season, well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in our shop, the walled garden, the Holkham Stories Experience and the courtyard café. Only assistance dogs are allowed in the hall. During warm weather please do not leave your dog in your vehicle. Please clean up after your dog and use the dog waste bins which can be found at various locations in the park.
- Lavatories, including accessible facilities, plus baby changing, are all located in the Stables Courtyard. Lavatories can also be found in the hall and walled garden.
- Historic Houses members with valid membership cards are welcome to visit the attractions free of charge and benefit from free car parking. Entry to events is not included in membership.
- English Heritage Members are offered a 20% discount on admission to Holkham Hall, the Holkham Stories Experience and the Walled Garden on production of a valid EH membership card presented at the time of purchase. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be used for special events.
- National Art Pass members are offered a 50% discount on admission to Holkham Hall, Holkham Stories Experience and the Walled Garden for holders of the Art Fund’s National Art Pass on production of a valid card presented at the time of purchase. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be used for special events.