A Grimm Halloween
Wednesday 28th - Saturday 31st October 2020, 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm.
Once upon a time there lived two brothers, who collected sinister stories and terrifying fairy tales that only the bravest of children dare read; they were The Brothers Grimm. Spend a Grimm inspired Halloween at Holkham, where deep in the enchanted walled garden you’ll find live mini-performances of the age-old tale of Hansel and Gretel, as well as spooky storytelling, pumpkin carving, face painting, witch-crafts and tantalising skele-trails for the whole family to enjoy. For the bravest children, there is an opportunity to get up close and creepy with the crawlies, plus a hair-raising chance to conquer the tree top terrors under the cover of darkness on the ropes course.
DEEP IN THE ENCHANTED WALLED GARDEN
- Settle down to a live outdoor mini-performance from Strange Fascination Theatre of Hansel and Gretel, every half an hour in the Orchard.
- More Grimm stories can be heard by the ‘Ed Shed’ with tale spinner Dave Tonge. Every half an hour, limited capacity.
- Do you dare join Exotic Encounters and their super creepy crawlies?
- Carve your own pumpkin to take home. £3.00
- Become a gruesome ghoul with face painting. From £4.00
- Get creative with your very own Witch-craft goodie bag, prepacked full of crafts for you to enjoy onsite or take home.
- Trick or treat? Take on the tantalising trails throughout the walled garden for a special treat on completion.
IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE PARK TODAY
- Hire bikes and follow the skele-trail to solve the spooky clues. Available daily, 10am-5pm, last hire at 3pm, from £8 per person. Find out more.
- Defeat the wobbly crossings and swinging bridges on the ropes course, available daily 10am-5pm from 17th-31st October. Do you dare take on the treetop terrors under the cover of darkness? Beware the ghosts, swooping bats and spooky spiders as you tremble and tiptoe over the crossings before making your descent down the hair-raising zip wires, available 28th-31st October 5pm-8pm. £18 per person, prebooking essential. Find out more.
- Take a sleepy walk around the park before stopping at St George’s Clump (the woodland opposite the car park) for the Hibernation Trail.
- Visit the fascinating Holkham Stories Experience to discover our past, present and future, from our rich heritage to current innovative projects. Open daily, 10am-5pm. Find out more.
THE NITTY GRITTY
This year, our main Halloween event will take place in the Walled Garden. Parking is in the main visitor car park, just a short walk from the Walled Garden (approximately 1 mile). Blue badge parking will be available at the Walled Garden. Parking is £4 for the whole day. Why not hire a bike and enjoy a ride over to the gardens. To keep everyone safe, the majority of activities will be based outdoors with limited cover, so we suggest wrapping up warm and wearing waterproof clothing. Where activities are indoors, we ask adults to please wear face coverings when applicable.
Tickets: £6.00 per person (under 2s free) To book please click on the button below or telephone our Visitor Reception on 01328 713111.
There are two Walled Garden sessions per day, 10am-1pm and 1pm-4pm, pre-booking is essential. Visitors may arrive at any time within their session time slot, but must vacate the walled garden by the end of the session. Tickets are limited per session to allow for social distancing.
Let’s Protect Each Other
With the phased and cautious re-opening of our visitor businesses, it is so important we help to protect each other. Entry to the Halloween event will be by ticket only and to avoid disappointment we recommend that you book this in advance of your visit. Subject to availability, tickets can be purchased from our ticket office on the day. Full risk assessments will be carried out as part of our Good to Go industry standard. Please maintain social distances of 2m from other households at all times and use the hand sanitiser provided before, during and after the event Any equipment used will be thoroughly cleaned before and after the event and no equipment will be shared between households. To ensure the safety of all visitors, if you or anyone in your party has shown any symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days, or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days, please do not visit us. Click here for more details of the actions we are taking to help protect our staff, visitors and local community. Your booking details will be held and made available to NHS Test and Trace if requested.