Below is additional information for visitors to Holkham.
- Please note that for those visiting Holkham Hall by car and are using a Sat Nav, the postcode NR23 1RH should be used.
- Visitors are kindly asked to remove and carry backpacks when visiting the hall.
- Photographs of the hall and grounds can be taken for personal use only. Photography taken for any commercial use must have prior written consent from the Holkham Estate.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in the hall, Courtyard Café, Field to Fork, Gift Shop or Lady Elizabeth Wing.
- We estimate that it will take visitors approximately one hour to visit the hall, one hour to visit the Field to Fork Experience and suggest one hour to visit the walled garden.
- Twelve state rooms are always available for viewing, occasionally we also offer access to the private apartments, including the Parrot Bedroom, Libraries and Chapel. The opening of these areas is at the family’s discretion and cannot be guaranteed.
- There is full disabled access in the Field to Fork Experience, shop and café. Our stair-climbing machine in the hall offers unrestricted access for most manually operated wheelchairs, click here for more information. The walled garden is accessible, however the terrain is uneven in places.
- The terraces around the hall are closed.
- Holkham Hall is a lived in family home and on rare occasions may be closed to the public at short notice and these opening details may be subject to change.
- All monies generated by visitors are used to maintain the publicly accessible parts of the hall and park.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times in the park, to avoid disturbing vulnerable wildlife. During the visitor season, well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in our shop, only assistance dogs are allowed in the hall, Field to Fork Experience and café. During warm weather please do not leave your dog in your vehicle. Dog waste bins can be found at various locations in the park.
- Lavatories, including accessible facilities, plus baby changing, are all located in the Stables Courtyard. Lavatories can also be found in the hall and walled garden.
- Historic Houses Association: HHA members with valid membership cards are welcome to visit the attractions free of charge and benefit from free car parking. Entry to events is not included in membership. Enrol at Holkham to join the Historic Houses Association as Holkham Hall is a recruitment property for the association. Visit our ticket office and enrol with us to become an HHA member and we will allow you free entry to the attractions. Please note we are unable to refund any admission tickets already purchased. Click here for membership prices and information on the benefits of becoming an HHA member.
- English Heritage Members are offered a 20% discount on admission to Holkham Hall, the Field to Fork Experience and the Walled Garden on production of a valid EH membership card presented at the time of purchase. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be used for special events.
- National Art Pass members are offer a 25% discount on admission to Holkham Hall, Field to Fork Experience and the Walled Garden for holders of the Art Fund’s National Art Pass on production of a valid card presented at the time of purchase. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be used for special events.
- When visiting Holkham Hall you will receive a Treasure Houses of England leaflet with vouchers to see some of the other properties on a two for the price of one basis. Other members are Beaulieu, Blenheim Palace, Burghley, Chatsworth, Castle Howard, Harewood House, Hatfield House, Leeds Castle and Woburn Abbey. Please note, the vouchers you receive during your visit to Holkham Hall are not valid for use here. Vouchers can only be used during the main visitor season and cannot be used for any special events. To visit the Treasure Houses of England website click here.