Walk & Cycle Trails
Space to explore
Rich in wildlife, scenery and historic monuments, Holkham is the perfect place to explore by foot or by bike. Choose from a variety of trails carefully created for you to enjoy throughout the year. These routes vary from 1 1/4 miles up to 6 miles and cover a mix of terrain, from woodland and grassland, to gravel tracks and tarmac.
SPRING 2021 - LAMBING SEASON. They are cute, skippy and generally delightful, but our new lambs are also very vulnerable. Please do not be tempted to try to get close to them. Please enjoy their antics from a distance.
Click here to download the routes map. (PDF)
Whilst exploring, we kindly ask you to join us in protecting and respecting our conservation area, landscapes and the wildlife that call it home.
- Please keep dogs on leads and under close control
- Stick to roadways, marked trails and pathways, observing ‘private’ and ‘no public access’ signs.
- In adverse weather such as wind, please do not walk under trees.
- Do not approach the deer - they are wild animals so please keep your distance.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Do not enter the lake - you, or your dog!
- Watch out for farm machinery, vehicles and cyclists.
- In spring and summer, please be mindful of ground-nesting birds, grazing cattle, and lambs and fawns in the long grass.