Opening Times & Prices
The following details are the opening times and admission prices for the attractions at Holkham for the 2016 season. If you are unable to find the information you require and have another type of enquiry, please contact our estate office telephone 01328 710227. The estate office is open Monday to Friday. For all email enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Please see important additional information at the bottom of this page.
Opening Times 2016
Main Season – 20th March to 31st October Holkham Hall Open 12noon-4pm on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays*. The hall is also open on Good Friday, Easter Saturday for our Easter event plus 28th and 29th October for our Halloween event. *Please note that the Hall is otherwise closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Walled Garden, Field to Fork Farming Exhibition, Children’s Woodland Adventure Play Area, Courtyard Café and Gift Shop Open 10am-5pm every day.
Holkham Park Please click here for information.
Main Season Admission – 20th March to 31st October Parking Charge £3.00 per day – redeemable in our gift shop on purchases of £10 or more. All monies generated by visitors are used to maintain the publicly accessible parts of the hall and park. Large coaches bringing group visits may park free of charge.
Holkham Hall, Field to Fork Farming Exhibition and Walled Garden Adult: £15.00 Child; (5-16 years inc): £7.50 Family (2 adults and up to 3 children 5-16 years inc): £41.00 NB: For special children’s events the child age is 2-16 years inc. Buy your tickets online in advance for a 10% discount. *We offer a discounted rate for English Heritage members and National Art Pass holders, see details below.
Field to Fork Farming Exhibition and Walled Garden Adult: £8.00 Child (5-16 years inc): £4.00 Family: (2 adults and up to 3 children 5-16 years inc): £22.00 NB: For special children’s events the child age is 2-16 years inc. Buy your tickets online in advance for a 10% discount. *We offer a discounted rate for English Heritage members and National Art Pass holders, see details below.
Field to Fork Farming Exhibition Only Adult: £6.00 Child: (5-16 years inc) £3.00 Family: (2 adults and up to 3 children 5-16 years inc) £16.50
Walled Garden Only Adult: £2.50 Child: (5-16 years inc): £1 NB: Walled Garden only tickets are not available for special children’s events. Please note that Walled Garden only tickets are not available to buy online. Children’s Woodland Adventure Play Area The children’s woodland adventure play area is free of charge. Parking charge (above) applies to park in Holkham park.
Group Rate 15 or more people - 20% discount plus free organiser ticket plus free coach driver refreshment voucher (pre-booking advised). Click here for further information.
Private Guided Tours £21 per person - available when the hall is closed for a minimum of 12 people. Please note the 10% group discount does not apply to private guided tours. Click here for further information.
Winter Season – 1st November to 20th December Field to Fork Farming Exhibition, Courtyard Café and Gift Shop Open 10am-4pm every day
New for 2016, we have extended our opening season so that you can visit our new Field to Fork farming exhibition, shop for that perfect Christmas present and drop in for a cuppa after a walk. There’s a chance to join in the celebrations too with our concerts, Diva Opera Christmas show, candlelight tours and ‘An Audience with Father Christmas’. Please note that the Walled Garden and Children’s Woodland Adventure Play Area are closed. Holkham Hall is also closed and will only re-open for our Christmas events.
Winter Season Admission – 1st November to 20th December Parking Charge £3.00 per day – redeemable in our café or gift shop on purchases of £10 or more. All monies generated by visitors are used to maintain the publicly accessible parts of the hall and park. Large coaches bringing group visits may park free of charge.
Field to Fork Farming Exhibition Only Adult £6.00 Child (5-16 years inc): £3, Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children 5-16 years inc): £16.50
- Redevelopment of the former Holkham Pottery building into the new Lady Elizabeth Wing will continue until June 2016.
- Visitors are kindly asked to remove and carry backpacks when visiting the hall.
- Photographs of the hall and grounds can be taken for personal use only. Photography taken for any commercial use must have prior written consent from the Holkham Estate.
- We estimate that it will take visitors approximately one hour to visit the hall, one hour to visit the farming exhibition and suggest one hour to visit the walled garden.
- Twelve state rooms are always available for viewing, occasionally we also offer access to the private apartments, including the Parrot Bedroom, Libraries and Chapel. The opening of these areas is at the family’s discretion and cannot be guaranteed.
- There is full disabled access in the farming exhibition, shop and café. Our stair-climbing machine in the hall offers unrestricted access for most manually operated wheelchairs, click here for more information. The walled garden is accessible, however the terrain is uneven in places.
- The terraces around the hall are closed.
- Holkham Hall is a lived in family home and on rare occasions may be closed to the public at short notice and these opening details may be subject to change.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times in the park, to avoid disturbing vulnerable wildlife. During the visitor season, well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in our shop, only assistance dogs are allowed in the hall, farming exhibition and café. During warm weather please do not leave your dog in your vehicle. Dog waste bins can be found at various locations in the park.
- Lavatories, including accessible facilities, plus baby changing, are all located in the Stables Courtyard. Lavatories can also be found in the hall and walled garden.
- Historic Houses Association: HHA members with valid membership cards are welcome to visit the attractions free of charge and benefit from free car parking. Entry to events is not included in membership. Enrol at Holkham to join the Historic Houses Association as Holkham Hall is a recruitment property for the association. Visit our ticket office and enrol with us to become an HHA member and we will allow you free entry to the attractions. Please note we are unable to refund any admission tickets already purchased. Click here for membership prices and information on the benefits of becoming an HHA member.
- English Heritage Members are offered a 20% discount on admission to Holkham Hall, the Field to Fork Farming Exhibition and the Walled Garden on production of a valid EH membership card presented at the time of purchase. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be used for special events.
- National Art Pass members are offer a 25% discount on admission to Holkham Hall, Field to Fork Farming Exhibition and the Walled Garden for holders of the Art Fund’s National Art Pass on production of a valid card presented at the time of purchase. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be used for special events.
- When visiting Holkham Hall you will receive a Treasure Houses of England leaflet with vouchers to see some of the other properties on a two for the price of one basis. Other members are Beaulieu, Blenheim Palace, Burghley, Chatsworth, Castle Howard, Harewood House, Hatfield House, Leeds Castle and Woburn Abbey. Please note, the vouchers you receive during your visit to Holkham Hall are not valid for use here. Vouchers can only be used during the main visitor season and cannot be used for any special events. To visit the Treasure Houses of England website click here.