The Holkham Estate extends over 25,000 acres and has 250 employees, rising to over 280 in the Summer. The land and property-based activities include residential and commercial lettings, property maintenance and development, farming, forestry, country sports, hotels, a holiday park and car parks. The businesses based around Holkham Hall include tourism, hospitality, catering, filming, outdoor events and concerts. See www.holkham.co.uk for more information.
The diverse and historic landscape we maintain at Holkham consists of a six and a half acre walled garden currently undergoing a phased project of improvements and restoration; eleven acres of private formal Victorian terraces with box parterres and fountain; and an adjacent arboretum and pleasure grounds. We also maintain large areas of formal lawns, wildflower areas, gardens surrounding the Victoria Inn and Ancient House, green space in Holkham Village, Longlands Business Park and a number of visitor car parks on the wider estate.
This role will work as part of the overall Landscape Team In maintaining and improving all areas of gardens and amenity landscapes within the Holkham Parkland. You will work as part of a team under the direction of the Head Gardener, Walled Gardens Supervisor and Landscapes Supervisor to maintain the grounds and gardens to a high standard.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a real passion for gardening or grounds maintenance and a keen interest in plants.
• Have a basic plant knowledge and willingness to develop this.
• Have a clean driving license.
• Be hardworking, flexible, energetic, conscientious and trustworthy.
• Have a genuine commitment to work to the highest possible standard with excellent attention to detail.
• Be good and taking direction but also be able to work under your own initiative and solve problems
• Be able to work in a team as well as stand-alone.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Mark Morrell (email@example.com).
Please click here to download the full job description (PDF).