Posted: May 01st 2020
by Emma Bushell, Marketing
In these strange times of isolation, many of us are turning to happy memories or day-dreaming of making new ones. To celebrate ‘National Share a Story’ month this May, we are encouraging you to turn these into your own Holkham Story. Be it real or fictional; hilarious, halcyon or even horrendous, we’d love to read them!
Our Holkham Stories Competition is open to all, the only restriction is a maximum of 300 words. There’s a prize too - we are offering the winner a Holkham Hamper of goodies worth £100 to help you to relax and unwind with a good book, as well as your story being showcased across our social media channels and website.
Your submissions may be shared on social media and on our website. If you’d like to include an illustration or photograph, please do! Closing date is 31st May.
– Email your story to email@example.com using the subject heading: ‘Holkham Stories’. Please include your name, age, address, and the title of the story. Alternatively, post your story on our Facebook page.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The Holkham Stories competition by Holkham Estate is open to anyone aged 10+.
2. The Closing date for the competition is 31st May 2020.
3. A single entrant can submit a maximum of three stories. All entries will be considered.
4. Stories can be written in any style. All stories must have a title and must not exceed 300 words in length (excluding title).
5. Stories must be the entrant’s original work and written in English.
6. Copyright remains with the authors, but we reserve the right to publish submitted stories in any format.
7. The winning story will be announced and published on our website and social media platforms.
8. Employees of Holkham are welcome to submit their stories for us to enjoy and share, but will not be entered into the competition to win a hamper.
9. Judging by a team of at least 3 members of Holkham staff will take place the week of 1st June and the winner will be notified by Monday 8th June. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.