Posted: August 12th 2019
by Belle Hutton
1. Norfolk’s picturesque surroundings have to be up there with some of the most beautiful in the UK. Pretty towns, beaches and landscapes that are a delight all year-round.
2. Wells/Holkham beach has been voted as one of the ‘Top 40 beaches in Britain’ by The Telegraph. The seaside around the north Norfolk coast offers a beach for everyone. You’ll also find quiet coves, sandy stretches, fishing bays and sailing spots.
3. You’ll also be delighted to see one of the oldest lavender fields in the UK at Heachem, Norfolk, where rows and rows of bright purple flowers fill the fields.
4. Norfolk and its towns have a plethora of charming B&B’s, holidays cottages and smart hotels for your wedding guests. From The Victoria Inn, The Triumphal Arch and Lodges at Holkham to The Hoste or The White House in Burnham Market and Strattons Hotel in Swaffham, you’re spoilt for choice.
5. The local food alone is definitely worth getting married in Norfolk for. Include fresh seafood from the nearby coast, local game and organic fruit and vegetables on your wedding menu.
6. You can choose from religious or civil ceremonies thanks to the myriad wedding venues in Norfolk, say your vows in glorious historic churches or beautiful licensed spaces like our Marble Hall.
7. Find versatility in the wedding venues available in Norfolk, from walled gardens for marquees, to stately home wedding venues and modern event spaces. There’s exclusive options, as well as smaller spaces for intimate weddings.
8. You’ll be blown away by the quality of wedding suppliers in Norfolk. Discover florists who create beautiful and original floral displays, caterers as good as any in London and photographers to capture your wedding day perfectly.
9. There are so many beautiful wedding venues to choose from in Norfolk but they also cater to a wide range of budgets. Whether you’re looking for a bespoke wedding or want to choose a more cost-effective wedding package you won’t be disappointed.
10. You won’t have to cut down the guest list, some of the wedding venues in Norfolk can hold over 200 guests, including Holkham’s Lady Elizabeth Wing.